Wednesday 1 February 2017

A Beautiful (but hot) Summer Wedding

So, a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to attend the wedding of my little brother, and his lovely bride. Although I was not part of the wedding party, I invited myself along to get ready with the bride and her bridesmaids, in order to help them with any errands and running around that they might need. One of the things I was able to do, was to take a few photos of her and her girls getting ready using her Canon 1100 (which is what inspired me to buy my own DSLR) As I am not very camera savvy, I couldn't locate the the auto-focus setting, so I had to manually focus these photos, and I am pretty proud of how they turned out. I did take more photos than these, but I am only sharing the ones that have already been shared on social media



The rest of these photos were taken by a professional (who also help me locate the auto focus on the camera I was using)


All the girls!

I, of course, wore my Navy cotton voile dress that I made last year, specifically for this event, and while it was a very hot day, I would have been much worse off if I hadn't worn such a breathable fabric, and I loved wearing such a bright coloured dress in a sea of mostly dark colours.

The Ceremony







My husband was a groomsmen (the tall one)


yeh...... I don't know.....


Little bro, Dad and Big bro

Sisters!

Dad and the Bride

We scrub up alright....even in 37 degree heat

Both sides of the Family!

Mum and the happy couple


Reapplying the Bride's lipstick

And later at the reception.....








All in all, it was a wonderful day, and the Bride looked beautiful, and most importantly, I now have a SISTER!!!

Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment