Friday 26 February 2016

CWA in the paper

A few of you who know me in the real world, may have seen recently that I was in last Wednesday's edition of my local paper, the Cessnock Advertiser.

Read the full write up here

It seems fitting that I was caught sewing, but believe me, it was unintentional! I had simply brought along some hand sewing to put my time to good use while we waited for everyone to arrive, and the other ladies insisted on having it in the photo. It was the finishing touch on the neckline of a dress that I hope to have up on the blog soon.

I have been a member of my local CWA now for about 3 years I think, initially joining when their cooking competition was mentioned in the same paper. I am very happy to announce that this is my 3rd year competing, and while in the past 2 years I have made it through my branch level to the group level, this year I won my section at Group level, and so will be baking and competing at State Level!

To be honest the only reason I've gotten so far is because I've chosen the section that changes every 2 years, so most of the ladies haven't had a chance to perfect their baking over decades! The macarons have certainly been challenging to bake, and I really didn't think I had done very well this time around, as I had a very hard time getting the macarons to set as it was a very humid hot day. I had to take my trays into the air-conditioned lounge room to set them before baking!

So that's all the update I have for you at the moment. I still have a few projects on the run that I will blog about once complete, as well as some knitting I have picked back up after starting last September and then neglecting.

Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment