Thursday 15 October 2015

P & O comedy cruise

So some of you may know already, but this weekend past I took my Mum away for the weekend on a 3 night P & O Comedy Cruise.

Naturally, I thought this Marilyn reproduction outfit was well suited to boarding the cruise ship.


For those of you not aware, this is my version of the outfit Marilyn Monroe wore whilst boarding the cruise ship in the movie "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"


There were many Selfies taken, and much Wine and Cocktails drunk.


The first night was the White Party, for which I made a version of the Famous White Dress that Marilyn Monroe wore in the movie "The seven year itch" Which looked ridiculously good, and had everyone calling me Marilyn for the rest of the cruise! I didn't get any good photos of the dress on the night, so I will have some taken and show you all when I post about the dress's construction.

*UPDATE* I have posted about the Construction of my version of the white dress, but have not yet had any decent photos of it taken.


Our room was pretty spacious, as we were upgraded to a wheelchair access room (more room for our fat bums!)

Please excuse the mess and the reflection of me in my pyjamas in the mirror


The next day was pretty sunny, so we rocked our sunhats, and took more selfies.


I was looking particularly attractive at this moment......







The Second night was the Gatsby Party, which was fun, but much more like a modern night club than anything else.




We watched nearly all the comedy shows (except the Hypnotist) and Colin Lane was by far my Favourite. But all the comedians were hilarious.


We even got up ridiculously early to have breakfast on the deck as we sailed under the Harbour Bridge.


Seriously, I am talking 5:30am



We passed under the Bridge at 6am



And took the obligatory selfie


All in all, we had a Fabulous time! I highly recommend a 3 night cruise for anyone who isn't sure they will like cruising, as it is just long enough to sample nearly everything the ship has to offer, without spending too much time away if you have other commitments, or can't quite handle the movement of the boat. Most of the cruising brands offer sampler cruises like this, but P & O certainly have the most departures available throughout the year.

And now, back to reality!

Dixie

PS More details on the Sew-Along coming soon! I have almost finished with the Pattern PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment