Thursday 23 October 2014

Summer Slip

So, as I mentioned last post, I have just finished sewing up my version of Spit up and Stilettos Summer Slip.

I started out with this lovely soft, silky blue polka dot fabric from my stash. I had a look through my collection of binding, however, I had nothing in any sort of blue colour. So I went the other way and chose a bright contrasting pink!


Then cut out the pattern (as this was before all the patterns were free, I adapted their Diana Cami Pattern):

Stay Stitched the top and sewed together the sides of the slip with WRONG sides together and cut away most of the seam allowance:

Then turned the seam inside out and sewed along again, creating a lovely neat french seam:

Started adding the binding:


Then finished it up with the same criss-cross pattern on the back that Lauren used on her blog.


Wore it last night as a nightie, and it was soooo comfy. Because the straps are crossed at the back, they don't fall down off your shoulders, which is a major plus for me!

I am absolutely loving these patterns :)

Also Wearing my Floral Elizabeth Dress at work today, Yay!



Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment