Tuesday 14 October 2014

Let's try this again.....

So I tried my hand at this blogging stuff well over a year ago, and after 5 posts, gave up (or got distracted, lol) I had hoped to make 1 garment a week so that I could slowly convert my wardrobe to mostly handmade, vintage style clothes. Unfortunately I have not achieved this yet. However I did get Married:
 
Of Course I made the Dress and The Jacket (including all this painstakingly hand beaded lace)

And I went to Europe on our Honeymoon:

And are only just now getting back into the swing of things at home (poor Hubby has been struck down with a chest infection) I did quickly whip up this dress last week (sorry for the bad photo):

The Pattern, for anyone interested, is the Elizabeth Dress from Spit up and Stilletos  http://www.spitupandstilettos.com/ a charming little site with sewing patterns for purchase as well as a blog with sew-alongs and yummy recipes. The Fabric is a fabulous Vintage Floral Rayon feel fabric that I picked up while at the 50's Fair at Rose Seidler House back in August. I'm hoping to make another one of these dresses in some leopard print cotton I have, as I wore this to church and all day Sunday, and it was very comfortable, plus it got me quite a few compliments!

While I don't think I have the discipline to commit to making 1 garment a week for a year, I will try again with this blog, and to post as much of my sewing capers, other bits of interest, and perhaps a few tutorials along the way. With Christmas coming up (way too soon, I'm so not ready!) My sewing will probably turn to toys and decorations, but who knows?

Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment